The National Assessment and Accreditation Council is an organisation that assesses and accredits higher education Institutions in India. It is an autonomous body funded by University Grants Commission of Government of India headquartered in Bangalore. NAAC grades institutions on the basis of the quality of education and educational facilities provided there.
The NAAC has set a guidelines that act as parameters to accredit institutions.
NBA Accreditation is necessary to improve the quality of Students graduating from institutes.NAAC Accreditation helps you to improve your internal processes and do assessment and evaluation of the same. The difference between NBA accreditation and NAAC is that NBA accredits technical programs of institutions and not the institution or its departments/centres as a whole, whereas NAAC accredits Institute as a whole.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through an informed review process
- Identification of internal areas of planning and resource allocation
- Collegiality on the campus
- Funding agencies look for objective data for performance funding
- Institutions to initiate innovative and modern methods of pedagogy
- New sense of direction and identity for institutions
- The society look for reliable information on quality education offered
- Employers look for reliable information on the quality of education offered to the prospective recruits
- Intra and inter-institutional interactions
NAAC has identified a set of seven criteria to serve as the basis of its assessment procedures. For more info visit http://www.naac.gov.in
Criterion 1- Curricular Aspects
Criterion 2- Teaching-learning & Evaluation
Criterion 3- Research, Innovations & Extension
Criterion 4 – Infrastructure & Learning Resources
Criterion 5 – Student Support & Progression
Criterion 6 – Governance, Leadership & Management
Criterion 7- Institutional Values & Best Practices
For more details log on to http://www.naac.gov.in
Click here to Schedule a free demo of Education ERP